We can’t wait to welcome you back to Theatre Royal Plymouth and have been working very hard to ensure your visit is both Covid-safe and enjoyable.
A number of changes and new safety measures have been put in place across the theatre to protect performers, our staff, and our audience members.
Socially distanced seating plans have been professionally audited to ensure they safely follow appropriate distancing to a minimum of 1m+ in all directions, in accordance with government regulations and the additional control measures we have in place.
The below information is only applicable for performances operating under social distancing measures.
- Single-households or support bubbles of up to six people are welcome to book seats together. Mixed households and bubbles aren’t currently permitted and must be booked separately. Please note, children under 2 do not require a ticket, but count towards your overall group size.
- Tickets are available to purchase online at www.theatreroyal.com and through our Box Office on 01752 267222. We are unable to offer in person bookings at this time.
- We will not be issuing physical tickets. An e-ticket will be emailed to you prior to the performance. You will need to show this to our front of house team on arrival on a digital device, or as a physical print-out. If you’ve not received your e-ticket 24 hours before the performance, please make a note of your order number and bring a digital/printed copy of your Order Confirmation email along with you.
- We’ve updated our terms and conditions to give you greater flexibility to change your booking if you or a member of your bubble are displaying Covid-19 symptoms and must self-isolate.
- Theatre Royal Plymouth will keep the primary booker’s contact details available to provide to NHS Test & Trace, if requested, for 21 days after the performance.
Before you arrive
- We will be staggering arrival times for certain productions to help reduce queues. If applicable, please make a note of the entry time shown on your ticket and allow plenty of time for your journey.
- Please remember your face covering. It must be worn at all times within all areas of our building. Entry to the theatre will be denied if face coverings are not worn. If you are exempt from wearing a face covering please let our front of house team know as soon as you arrive. You might like to download and wear an exception card, which are available to download here.
- If you forget your face covering there will be a limited number available to purchase at the theatre for £5.
- We do not have cloakroom facilities so please minimise the items you bring to the theatre.
- We have increased the circulation of fresh air throughout the building so it might be cooler than you are used to. You may want to bring an extra layer, just in case.
- Enhanced hygiene procedures are in place which include thorough cleans between performances and deep cleanse fogging of all areas on a regular basis.
- If you have the official NHS Test & Trace app installed on your mobile phone you will be asked to check in by scanning the QR code upon arrival. Copies of this QR code will be available through our Front of House areas.
- Your temperature will be taken on arrival. If you exhibit a raised temperature you will be unable to continue to the performance and will be escorted to our wellness area. Your ticket can be transferred to an alternative performance or the credit transferred to a TRP Gift Voucher.
- You will be asked to show your e-ticket or confirmation email, either as a physical print out or on your mobile device.
Inside the theatre
- Hand sanitising stations are positioned throughout the public spaces for audience members to use and we ask that you do so frequently.
- Please follow directional signage and adhere to social distancing when using our front of house spaces.
- Until further notice all performances will run without intervals.
- We will have limited toilet facilities available so please allow extra time for comfort breaks.
- Our Restaurant, Cafe and Bars remain closed so there will be no food and beverage available to purchase. Please do not bring refreshments in with you as you will not be permitted to consume them whilst on the premises.
Wash your hands for 20 seconds
Wear your mask
Maintain social distancing
If you feel unwell
Maintaining a Covid Secure Environment means we can continue to welcome you back safely to TRP for more wonderful days and nights at the theatre. It relies on us all doing our bit and following the government’s guidelines.
By accepting our Terms & Conditions, you agree not to visit TRP if:
- You are displaying any Covid-19 symptoms, or have done so in the previous 14 days
- You’ve been in contact with anyone who has displayed Covid-19 symptoms in the last 14 days
- You’ve arrived into the UK in the last 14 days and are not covered by the self-isolation exemption rules
- You’ve been instructed to self-isolate.
If you develop Covid-19 symptoms simply get in touch with us before 11am on the day of the show (email email@example.com or call 01752 267222) and we will exchange your ticket for another performance or a gift voucher for another production so you can come back when you’re well enough to do so, or you can have a refund. All fees are waived for this service.
For more information or detail about any of the measures we are implementing to ensure everyone’s safety and comfort, please don’t hesitate to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org