The Lab Associates programme is a year-long attachment to Theatre Royal Plymouth. Each year we take up to four new Lab Associate companies and artists. We’re looking for the most vibrant artists and companies in the South West to come and develop a new piece of work with our support.
This year we are particularly keen to hear from companies who want to co-create work with the community in Plymouth or who might want to make work that is designed to be performed in public spaces or outside.
What does it involve?
- A yearlong attachment to the Theatre Royal Plymouth starting in September
- A fee of £1500
- Access to TRP’s space, resources & people
- Dramaturgy, development & support from TRP’s Creative team
How does it work?
Lab Associate companies will be invited to develop new work with us over the course of a year. This will include a minimum of:
- 1 week of R&D in the Autumn
- 1 week of R&D in Spring
- Full time rehearsals in Summer
- Programming in the Drum Theatre in Autumn 2023
Who is it for?
- Companies/ artists looking to upscale their work
- South West based companies/ artists
- Companies/ artists who want to build a relationship with TRP and make work in the region
Want to know more? We are holding an Introduction to LAB Associates via Zoom on Tuesday 28th June at 1pm-2pm. Please see the details below:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 832 7175 9363
Lab Associates Application Form
Our deadline for applications is Monday 11th July at 12pm.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 27th July.
If you require support in submitting your application, have any access requirements to submit your application or have any questions then please email us firstname.lastname@example.org.