Booking and ticket information
- Tickets are non-refundable unless the performance is cancelled.
- If you are unable to attend, please notify us ahead of the start time and we may be able to exchange your tickets for an alternative performance of the same production for an additional fee (£1.50 a ticket).
- Your tickets can be refund-protected should you, or anyone in your party, be unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances through our partnership with Booking Protect (click for Terms and Conditions).
- Some performances or events may have age restrictions, please check for any restrictions on the production’s event page or with our Box Office prior to purchasing your tickets.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- If an event is cancelled or postponed, we will do our best to inform you of these changes.
- Tickets may not be resold for commercial gain.
- Theatre Royal Plymouth Ltd takes no responsibility for tickets or services purchased via an agency or third party, including individuals purchasing on behalf of a group.
- Booking early is recommended to secure the best seats at the best prices.
We reserve the right to:
- Cancel performances
- Alter the cast without notice
- Refuse ticket holder entry
- Provide alternative seats
- Concession tickets are available for some of our performances; if you feel that you are eligible for a concession please ask when booking.
- Only one concession applies per ticket. Proof of eligibility may be requested at the time of purchase and/or on the day of the performance.
- Family Rate tickets are available for certain performances, as detailed on a production’s listing and ‘more info’ pages. In order to qualify for this special rate, we require a group purchase of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 tickets, with at least one adult and one child under the age under 16 included in the family group. Each person will need their own seat.
- Any concessions or discounts are always subject to availability.
- Gift vouchers are valid for 2 years from the purchase date and are non-refundable once issued.
- Gift vouchers can be redeemed for a range of exciting experiences, including all productions, workshops, and memberships.
- You can use your voucher credit to buy tickets. If you still have some credit left after your purchase, you can use it for your future purchases.
- Any remaining balance in expired gift vouchers are donated to our charitable trust and put towards continuing our work within the community.
- Theatre is a shared experience so please show consideration to those on stage as well as your fellow audience members. Mobile phones and other devices should be switched off during the performance.
- We are a champion for inclusivity and diversity and expect all of our patrons to respect and be kind to one another when you visit.
- For future promotional activities, we occasionally film/photograph our audience. If you wish to be excluded please inform our staff.
- Smoking or vaping is strictly prohibited in all areas of the premises.
- Theatre Royal Plymouth and the production companies are not responsible or liable for any personal property brought onto the premises.
- CCTV is in operation throughout for the purpose of crime prevention and detection.
- Security searches may be carried out at certain performances and events.
- Alcoholic, soft, and hot drinks are allowed in the auditoria, but glass and china are not permitted.
- The performance starts at the time specified on your ticket. Please ensure you arrive in plenty of time to take your seats.
- Membership means any of Theatre Royal Plymouth’s individual Memberships, including Executive, Director, Ambassador, Associate, Friend and Supporter Memberships.
- Theatre Royal Plymouth Ltd registered and principle trading address is Royal Parade, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 2TR. Registered in England as company number 01560651. Registered charity number 284545
- Terms means the Theatre Royal Plymouth Individual Membership terms and conditions as set out in this document.
2.1 Membership lasts for twelve months from the month of purchase.
2.2 The cost of the Membership is non-refundable. We do not offer pro-rata refunds if you try to cancel your Membership part-way through your Membership terms and we have no liability for any unused Membership.
2.3 Membership renewals, queries and upgrades can be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to our Box Office team on 01752 267222.
2.4 Memberships are non-transferable
2.5 All Members will receive an email before their Membership expires to inform them of when they will need to renew their Membership. For Members that pay by Direct Debit, the Membership will automatically renew on the same terms and an email will be sent to inform them that their Membership will be renewed.
2.6 Membership costs may be subject to increase, although an increase won’t come into effect until the Members’ current Membership is due for renewal. When a Member pays by Direct Debit, the Member will be informed of the price increase in advance of payment collection.
2.7 If necessary, we reserve the right to revoke the Membership without refund if an individual behaves in a threatening, abusive, or otherwise inappropriate manner towards any person at Theatre Royal Plymouth. This also applies if the Member damages or threatens to damage any property of Theatre Royal Plymouth or acts in a manner which brings Theatre Royal Plymouth into disrepute.
2.8 Upon notification of the death of a Member, Theatre Royal Plymouth will conclude the Membership unless instructed to transfer to a named individual for the remainder of the annual membership period.
3.1 All Members are entitled to the Membership benefits associated with their Membership level, as listed on the Membership leaflet and Membership webpage. All Membership benefits are subject to availability and subject to the terms below
3.2 Theatre Royal Plymouth reserves the right to make changes to these terms including to the membership benefits. For significant changes, we will notify all Members with details of the changes.
3.3 Membership does not guarantee access to tickets. Member discounts cannot be combined with any other offers, discounts and concessions, or be applied to tickets already purchased.
3.4 Membership benefits are for the personal use of the Member only. Benefits, including priority booking, late access to tickets, events and invitations are not transferable. If the information available to us suggests that a Member has used their Membership benefits for commercial gain (e.g. reselling tickets purchased during priority booking periods) we may, at TRP’s discretion, cancel the Membership without notice or refund.
3.5 Not all performances at Theatre Royal Plymouth will be eligible for the Members’ Discount. Discount information will be included in the email about new shows when we announce them. Discounted is noted on the show pages of our website and our Box Office team (01752 267222) will be able to confirm discount availability too.
3.6 The standard terms and conditions apply to tickets purchased and visits made during a Membership.
3.7 Membership ticket discounts can be applied to performances beyond the expiry date but must be booked while the membership is valid.