Schools & Colleges
Playhouse is a national partnership project between a number of theatres (which changes from year to year). Our partners include, The Rep (Birmingham), York Theatre Royal, Theatr Iolo, Polka Theatre & Bristol Old Vic.
As part of this project, we’re able to provide a tailor-made programme of additional support for the whole school, including staff training, workshops and performance opportunities. The full project package is currently priced at £1500.00 for the current academic year, which includes £600 theatre ticket credit. But we are able to offer parts of the project at a reduced rate if you’d like a smaller package. For example, removing the £600 theatre ticket credit will reduce the project price to £900.00 and we can make further adjustments depending on the needs of your school.
Key facts about the Playhouse Primary Partnership
- The opportunity for a KS2 class or after school group to perform a commissioned play from leading playwrights in The Drum Theatre at Theatre Royal Plymouth (This is our studio space seating around 150.)
- Rehearsal time in our designated rehearsal rooms at our Production and Learning Centre, TR2/ in The Lab space at the Theatre Royal Plymouth
- Access to professional support from directors and technicians throughout your rehearsal process
- A fully digital CPD training opportunity (usually in March)- for the director of your play- delivered by professional playwrights, directors and facilitators
- An in-person local CPD training opportunity to support the nominated director of your chosen play
- A technical meeting with one of our Drum Technicians ahead of your performance
- A Director visit to support you during the rehearsal process of your play
We are in the process of confirming schools for our July 2023 festival from all those that expressed interest: however, we’ll soon be signing up schools for our July 2024 festival too!
With school budgets being set earlier and earlier, please get in touch if this project is something you’d be interested in finding out more about. This would mean a KS2 class from your school would have the unique opportunity to perform on a stage at the Theatre Royal Plymouth. Be part of history- Be part of Playhouse!
Feel free to fill in the online form, which is available here
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a meeting/ chat about getting involved this academic year or next.
Alongside our own productions and co-productions we offer opportunities for schools to learn and understand the processes involved in producing professional theatre through preshow insights and postshow talks.
Arts Award and Artsmark
At Theatre Royal Plymouth we offer places of education the option to embed Arts Award into projects, tours and explores, and workshops.
We also support schools who are working towards, or currently hold, an Artsmark, with plenty of opportunities available.
Arts Award Centre Number: 44367.