We are delighted to be partnering again with the Pleasance Theatre as part of their Edinburgh National Partnerships Programme to support one South West artist or company to take work to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe in 2024.
The Pleasance is working with partner theatres across the UK to identify and support exceptional artists and companies local to them who want to take work to the Fringe.
Working with The Pleasance, we will identify dynamic artists at different stages in their careers, with the primary aim of the scheme to uncover and support the best companies and artists from the South West, and across the UK, to present work at the Fringe. Please note companies are required to be available for the full festival dates.
Previous successful artists/companies include Laura Horton (Breathless), Ben Fensome & Scott Le Crass (Buff).
What do you get?
From The Pleasance:
- Guaranteed inclusion within the Pleasance Edinburgh Festival Fringe programme.
- Up to £1500 financing towards the costs of presenting your show at the Fringe.
- PR delivered by Michelle Mangan.
- Marketing package including outdoor advertising, online advertising and potentially some hand-to-hand.
- Accessible performance provision consisting of a captioned performance delivered by Claire Hill or a contribution to existing accessible performance plans.
- A programming option in our London transfer season following the Fringe.
- Mentorship, support, and advice.
From Theatre Royal Plymouth:
- Further £500 financing towards the Fringe presentation of the show, bringing the combined cash subsidy to £2000.
- Edinburgh Fringe registration fee covered.
- One-week minimum of in-kind rehearsal and development space.
- A preview performance slot in The Lab.
- Mentorship, support, and advice from both TRP and The Pleasance leading up to, and during the Fringe.
Open: Monday 8th January 2024, 9am.
Deadline: Monday 29th January 2024, 12pm.
Edinburgh National Partnerships Programme 2024
To apply to be part of the Edinburgh National Partnerships Programme please complete the form below and return, via email, to email@example.com by 12pm Monday 29 January. If you prefer to submit a video or audio file for this application, please feel free to do so.
You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 2nd February 2024.
If you are successful, then you will be invited to an in-person interview with members of the TRP and Pleasance team. Interviews will take place on Thursday 8th February at TRP. Please ensure you are available between 10am-5pm to attend your interview.
Your interview will take between 30-40 minutes. This will be an informal conversation which will give us an opportunity to hear you talk about your work first-hand and you to ask any questions about the programme.
You will also be asked to bring a draft budget for the Edinburgh run of the show for us to look at, which will be a starting point for us to start thinking about the finances of the project. You can find a template attached here.
If you have any questions, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org